This role is now closed for applications.
Stay tuned for more opportunities…
The Westerman Jilya Institute for Indigenous Mental Health (Jilya) is a recently incorporated Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation, registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
Dr Tracy Westerman AM is a psychologist, public figure, trainer and is a recognised leader in Aboriginal mental health, cultural competency and suicide prevention. Dr Westerman founded The Westerman Jilya Institute for Indigenous Mental Health continues to volunteer within the daily operations of Jilya as a Board Member, and Student Mentor.
The role will be working closely with the acclaimed Dr Westerman, and the Chief Operating Officer of the Westerman Jilya Institute for Indigenous Mental Health.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, well organised and have experience in an executive assistant or business support role. Study, research or experience in the area of psychology, mental health, social work, business or other relevant fields is highly desirable given the technical content of much of the work.
Applications close on 16 June 2023
Perth, Western Australia.
- Full time (40 hours per week).
- $80,000 to $100,000 per annum, plus superannuation and salary sacrifice options.
- Flexible work practices, including the ability to work remotely.
- The chance to make a difference and improve outcomes for Indigenous Australians in the area of suicide prevention, mental health and wellbeing.
- The opportunity to work closely with the renowned Dr Tracy Westerman, AM
- The chance to be a part of an exciting and rapidly growing start-up Indigenous Mental Health Organisation.
- The chance to make a difference and improve outcomes for Indigenous Australians.
The Westerman Jilya Institute for Indigenous Mental Health Aboriginal Corporation (Jilya) is a not-for-profit organisation that was founded by Dr Tracy Westerman AM to address the gaps in culturally informed and clinically validated approaches to improve outcomes for Indigenous peoples in Australia across the areas of mental health and suicide prevention, justice, child protection, and education.
Jilya also supports the Dr Tracy Westerman Indigenous Psychology Scholarship Program, currently supporting 41 Indigenous psychology students from across Australia. This position provides an exciting opportunity to drive our continued growth.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Relevant experience in an Executive Assistant or Business Support Officer role with demonstrated skills in document development, reception services and diary management.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal and non-verbal) and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people.
- Solid organisational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple complex tasks and to resolve problems, and make sound independent decisions
- Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, social media, website management, MS Teams and CRM software (Preferably Zoho).
- Demonstrated levels of cultural competence and knowledge of Indigenous mental health, suicide prevention and wellbeing issues in Australia.
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Values and attributes that align with the vision and goals of the organisation.
Essential Eligibility Requirements:
The occupant of this position will require the following prior to appointment.
- Current C or A class driver’s license.
- National Police Clearance.
- Be able to travel as required.
- Be available to work outside standard business hours when required.
Your application should include a detailed resume and a cover letter no more than two pages long summarising your experience against the selection criteria.
Indigenous applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 16 June 2023, COB AWST
Download the JDF here: Executive Assistant